Monday 7 January 2013

I think I need a bigger jar...

I find myself constantly searching for things to do with my eldest daughter, that will be interesting and enriching for her as well as a fun activity for us to do together.  I found this website, which listed 10 things to do with your kids each month.  One of the things that we decided to try for the month of January was to put a jar out to collect rainwater.  With us living in the south coast of British Columbia, we knew that we would be needing a rather large jar for our collection.  My husband gave us a rather large glass jar from Ikea and we put it out on our balcony the 1st of January.  The first few days were oddly dry (I don't believe we had rain until the 4th).  Here we are on the 7th...and our jar is about 1/3 full.  We may end up needing another jar.


While this may seem like a relatively simple activity, my daughter is super excited to check how much water she's collected every morning.  It's a great way to make the winter rainy blues seem less blah and a little more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment